Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"Meet The Parents" Weekend

We had quite the weekend here in Florida. My parents and younger brother, Doug, came down to meet Matt's family and... we all survived!

Actually, I could not have asked for a better weekend and feel so very blessed that we have two loving families supporting us. 

My family flew down on Friday and I think we kept them busy until the moment I dropped them back off at the airport. We had LOTS to do in 3 days.

We had a big family gathering Friday evening and it was so nice for my family to meet Matt's extended family. Now they have some faces to match with names! AND now they have a few good childhood stories of Matt to pull out at appropriate times. :)

On Saturday the guys and girls split. The girls did what we do best... shop. We drove to a cute little store called The Barn that has everything and anything! I think we all had a successful trip and walked away with lots of goodies: clothes, house decor, garden items, etc.  The guys did... well guy things. Matt showed them around some orange groves, shot some guns and watched some football. I think they were happy campers! 

We spent the rest of the weekend at the beach. Went fishing, went to the sand bar, got some great sun and had a wonderful dinner with our families. I even ate seafood... I'm working my way towards becoming a true Floridian now.

On the last night the Deptola's and Matt ended the weekend with a competitive game of putt-putt and some snoballs. Yes, snoballs. The much cooler version of snow cones. They were awfully good and left me contemplating opening up my own snow cone shop on the beach. Maybe that's how I'll retire???

All in all, it was a truly great weekend and the first of many visits between the two families. 



No comments:

Post a Comment