Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Journey South

The last couple of weeks have been full of emotions both happy and sad. I am so grateful that my family, friends and Matt have been patient and supportive during this move because I was ALL OVER THE PLACE with my emotions. Seriously, all over. I would be fine all day and then just a glance at a suitcase would bring on the water works. 

Now that I have moved, things are much better. I am starting to get settled and know that in a few weeks/months I will start to feel at home here too. One thing is for sure, it is nice to no longer be in a long distance relationship! 

Before I left, I got to hang out with my sweet Kentucky friends who surprised me with some "moving gifts":

A very comforting Bible verse for my decision to move: 


A beautiful picture of my previous home:


And some new charms to wear. One for my old home and one for my new home:


Last Saturday was THE DAY and my family and I stopped at one of our favorite places in Louisville: My Favorite Muffin. It wouldn't have been a true Deptola morning without these:


After some yummy comfort food, I was off to sunny Florida! I told Matt I didn't pack a lot but I think our versions of "a lot" are MUCH different. Thank goodness for carts!
(I won't try and deceive anyone, I have more stuff coming soon but I thought this was a good start for now.)


As intimidating as moving can be, it was much easier knowing I have an awesome support system already here in his family and friends. As soon as we got home I had some lovely gifts welcoming me to Florida and spent the evening relaxing with friends. 




So a lot has changed this weekend but with all the love and support I have received I know I am one lucky girl with my old Kentucky home and my new Florida home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment